Monday, June 18, 2012

Ten Months

Ten months
Weight: 21.44 lbs, 50-75th percentile
Height: 31.2 inches, >95th percentile
Head:  19.1 inches, >95th percentile

Little T is the joy of my life.  He is so adorable and I can't get enough of him.  He's growing and changing so much... just getting more and more fun by the day.  He loves to make us laugh - biting his spoon and making faces at us.  I never imagined he would be so sunny and make us so happy.

A few fun things about T, right now:

-He seems to like living at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  He's got so much room to crawl around and he's very fast.  He even does a power crawl sometimes where he puts his head down and just goes for it.  He learned how to crawl up the stairs and now he scares us to death when he tries to go back down - head first.
-He's eating in a high chair here and is getting better at feeding himself.  He loves picking up Cheerios and puff snacks.  He's adorable bouncing in the chair and smacking the tray.  When he's finished eating, he squishes up his nose, refuses to open his mouth and shakes his head.  We started giving him a sippy with water and he LOVES to drink from it.
-He won't take a binki anymore.  He just refuses.  I think I tried to give it to him too much on the drive to Utah and since then he's decided that he is done.  I'm a little sad because I think it helped calm him down when he was going to sleep, but at least we won't have a huge battle getting rid of it when he's older.  What a big boy.


-He still loves peek-a-boo and a crawling version of hide and seek.  (From the hallway, I'll crawl into a room until he can't see me then he follows me in until we make eye contact.  He loves it.)  He also likes when we drag him around on a big blanket.  He laughs and laughs and usually falls over.  He thinks it's really funny to put stuff on his head and watch it fall off.  He's obsessed with balls.  He LOVES them and even plays catch.  If you throw or roll him the ball, he tries to throw it back. Sometimes it goes backwards over his head, but he's trying... and sometimes he's pretty accurate.  He's also very interested in watching other kids play.
-He hates getting his diaper changed and getting dressed.  He tries to roll over 500 times and cries when you make him stay on his back to finish up.
-He likes to go outside but doesn't like sitting or crawling in the grass.
-He likes playing with (seems more like hitting) Michelle's dog, Ralph, who is living at Grandma and Grandpa's right now.  But he also gets frustrated by him when he gets in the way or steals his toys.
-He babbles and mimics us when we say mamamama, dadadada, yayayayaya, woof (sounds like voof), and bonk.
-He still likes books and singing.  We introduced him to the Muppets and Yo Gabba Gabba - he's mesmerized for the first 10 minutes then he before he gets bored and wants to move on.
-This month we've been swimming and to the zoo for the first time.  He tolerated swimming and seemed to like the zoo.  Although I'm not sure he could even tell we were looking at live animals.  He just likes to be on the move outside in his stroller.



-He's standing up all on his own and has been for a few months now.  He hasn't been very interested in walking, but on Father's Day he took his first real steps!  We were pushing him to walk on his own (typical first-time parents) and I think he finally did it out of frustration.  He practically ran to G, but he was so angry!
-He reaches up now when he wants to be picked up and will crawl up your leg to stand up when he wants up too.
-At this point he's nursing twice a day and getting three or four bottles of formula, plus he's eating three regular meals.  I feel like all I do is feed this kid!
-He sleeps about 12 hours at night and takes two naps.  We're still swaddling him to sleep, but no legs and only one arm is in.  We're trying to slowly wean him off the snug feeling of being swaddled.  It's worked so well for T, but I think he's getting too old now to be completely swaddled for every nap and every night.
-The best thing about T right now is that he gives us slobbery open mouth kisses if he's feeling lovey.  It is the BEST slobber kiss ever.

-This month we also celebrated the life of my grandpa Hunt.  Louis Hunt, my dad's dad was my last living grandparent.  He passed away on May 28th.  I feel fortunate to be living in Utah at this time as I was able to visit him one more time before he passed.  And I felt very thankful to be here for the funeral and other family activities over the weekend.  All the grandchildren sang at the funeral, even G.  My dad and his siblings did a great job speaking and paying tribute to a faithful, humble, creative and generous man.  My grandpa was a hard worker and a prolific artist.  I will always remember his huge garden, his woodworking shop, and his art studio in his home in Blackfoot, Idaho.  He served in the Navy in the Korean War, was an electrical engineer by trade, served a family history mission in Salt Lake, and took up pottery & sculpting as hobbies in his retirement years.  Most importantly, he put his faith and his family above everything else.  I will treasure the paintings and pottery that he created and gave to me, but mostly I am grateful for his example of a life well-lived.    

Four generations

The Hunt family

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog. Someday Teddy will be so glad that he can look at it and read it. It is so awesome Keep it up!!!! I think he is so cute! If every child had parents like Lara and Griffin the world would be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love him. Those pics of you guys with your grandpa and family are so great! Can't believe that Teddy is soon to be one. It can't be possible.

    ReplyDelete