Three months
At three months, T is:
-Finally starting to have a more regular sleeping schedule! He's semi-predictable! My life is starting (just starting) to feel more and more like my life again. T is napping three times a day for anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. He only stays awake for about two hours before he gets tired again. Wouldn't you love to be able to take a little rest every two hours!? Best of all, he's sleeping really well at night. He's only waking up once to eat and then goes right back to sleep. I'll take the night sleep over long naps any day!
-Eating every three hours and only for about 4 minutes on each side. He's so fast, it doesn't seem like he's getting enough. I try to feed him other times during the day and he won't eat, so I guess he's just not hungry. Another funny thing - He doesn't eat well in the mornings. He must have learned that from his dad.
-Still loves his binky and to be swaddled.
-Recuperating from his first holiday - Halloween! Thanks to Aunt Lori, T was a cute green frog. We participated in our first ward trunk-or-treat and were obvious rookies because we ran out of candy in the first 10 minutes. On Halloween we took T trick-or-treating at the law school where we saw G's law review office and then with his/our friends later that night. Halloween is serious business - he fell asleep at both events.
Trendwood ward trunk-or-treat
G's law review office at UNL
Trick-or-treating on Sheridan with our buddies
The moms
- Back in Utah! My sweet grandpa passed away on November 10th and we were able to get back to Utah for the funeral. G had to stay home because of school and work projects, so it was just T and I for round two. It was great to spend so much time with family and remember my grandpa. His health had been declining due to diabetes over the last year or so and he was pretty bad when we visited him in October. Even though T won't remember, I am so glad that he was able to meet his great-grandpa Tolboe. I spoke at the funeral and it was really cathartic to remember and share some happy memories. My grandpa was gentle and loving. He never raised his voice and we were never afraid of him of kids. He was an architect and had great taste in art, furniture and jewelry. He loved dogs, jazz music, and watching baseball, football and tennis. He designed the parking garage at the Salt Lake City Airport and I love that every time I'm there, I think of him. I'm so thankful for the things he taught me to appreciate and I will certainly miss him.
-This month, G and I also went on our first date without T since he was born. We headed to the Nebraska v. Michigan football game with a group of our friends and had a great time. Go Big Red!!

The group - I LOVE these people!
Great group pic! And such a sweet pic. Of T and your grandpa. Still can't get over how long ago that game was.
ReplyDelete